Thursday 28 June 2012


I have heard the news!! I don’t want to believe, but unfortunately, what I heard this morning is true. I have had a very rough 3 weeks and this has made matters worse. If this is true, then I will draw my conclusions about life and for that matter death. If death can take such a calm and pure soul, then I am nothing on the face of this earth that man lives.

I met Maame Ama Koomson a couple of months ago at a friend’s party and we suddenly ‘clicked’. I love bothering quiet people a whole lot because I always have my way so I took that chance to bother her on the first day. It was fun on the first day, she later told me that she already knew who I was and even had a copy of my album which her sister wants to take from her. I later realized she was following me on twitter so I followed her back and since then, we have been talking constantly. Via whatsapp and phone calls.

She was a new friend but we talked about things that most of my oldest friends still don’t know about because she made me believe her and she opened up to me easily. She encouraged me like a sister and I remember the day we talked about my poems/spoken words. She refueled me, she gave me hope and she said that once she likes the album, I should believe that everyone would love it. My fingertips are heavy, tears are gathering and my heart is heavy. This shouldn’t be true!!!
I remember our time out, after the charlewote festival, we went to KFC and as Glen and Kafui were ‘fooling’, she laughed and laughed and would chip in a word or two intermittently. I was staring at her, that day I looked at her so many times. That was the last time that I set eyes on her but it was our plan to meet again to chill but situations didn’t allow us, then she got sick. I now know why we both kept on stealing glances and later laughing over that on whatsapp. She was relaying a message to me, ‘this is the last time you are seeing me.’.

Maame Ama, I thank you for helping me find the Anomabo Beach Resort, and I really loved the place but it’s sad we cant go there together. I thank you for everything, you know I can’t say everything here. It won’t be apprioperate. But one thing I know for sure is that, you will always be in my heart.

And where ever you may be, Mi Ma Wu Damirifa Due. Da Yie

No comments:

Post a Comment