Thursday 28 June 2012

I Am Grown And Sexy

 Rockstones Office, which is located behind the Police Headquarters, has been the chilling spot for tons of people in the past few years. I have been there so many times and it’s the only joint that I love to be, not because of Reggie Rockstone and not because I always get to enter free, its because of the environment and how relaxed the place is, especially if you go there early. Nice waiters and workers and yes, their waakye as well.

What I really want to focus on is what happens on Wednesdays at this joint. Grown and Sexy is a mid-week entertainment ‘thingy’ that goes on at Rockstones Office and it’s the best thing to ever happen to peeps that have nowhere to chill during the week. Grown and Sexy is more like an open mic where random people can get on the mic but each Wednesday has a special guest performer. And the most amazing thing is, every performance is backed by a band. This is where artists get to test their skills with a live band and I have seen a couple of acts flop because most of them do the miming thing all the time. Oh Ghana!!!

Rockstone’s Office is a place to be on Wednesdays because you also get to meet random people, make some connections and basically chill. I am mostly there on this day just to see people work the mic and I have performed there on so many Wednesdays doing my spoken word thing and sometimes messing with some rap lines with my homie, Simpol Tinz. I have seen so many artistes like Gyedu Blay Ambolley, Ben Brako, Kwawkese, Tinny, R2Bees, Mensa, Wanlov, Okyeame Kwame, Efya, Yaa Pono, Lady Jay, Zigi, EL etc perform there on Wednesdays and most of the times, the grandpa himself, Reggie Rockstone who is also the owner of the joint gets on the mic too.

Its hosted by KOD and I simply love the way he engages the audience and calls random people to the mic sing, rap or do anything. You will be surprised that, you get all this entertainment for free no matter how big the artiste is. All you have to do is to buy drinks, chill and watch live performances from stars from all over. Reggie should be recommended for creating something like this and to all those other joints, you are late!! We need to start getting innovative and try out different things. The ‘party this, party that’ is becoming much, let’s create charle. More vim to Grown and Sexy and I hope it stays around for a very long time, just like GBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment